Wellness exams are nationally recognized as the standard for high quality care and most payers are now incenting providers to perform these important exams annually on all patients, regardless of age.
CHI Saint Joseph Health Partners is your resource for information about Annual Wellness Exams and other quality metrics.
Why Wellness Exams?
Assessing physical, emotional and social development is important at every stage of life, particularly with children and adolescents. Behaviors established during childhood or adolescence, such as eating habits and physical activity, often extend into adulthood. Well-care visits provide an opportunity for providers to influence health and opportunities for screenings to be performed. It’s critical to get your patients scheduled for these annual exams.
- Annual Comprehensive Well Child Visit: Ages 3-6 years
- Annual Adolescent Well Care Visit: Ages 12-21 years
- Annual Adult Wellness/Preventive Exam: Ages 22-64 years
- Annual Wellness Visit for Medicare and Medicare Advantage: Ages 65+ (Annual Physical for 65+ is different than the Annual Wellness Visit)
For information about wellness exams, read the articles posted below and check back as we update this information with the latest news. To learn more about how CHI Saint Joseph Health Partners can help, simply contact us at 844.804.8725 or online at How To Join. A CHI Saint Joseph Health Partners representative will contact you soon.
Resources and Recent News
American Academy of Family Physicians:
- FAQ on the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) and Initial Preventive Physical Examination – click to read
- Done Right, Annual Wellness Visit Helps Patient and Practice – click to read
American Academy of Pediatrics:
- Schedule of Well-Child Care Visits – click to read
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS):
- ABC’s of Annual Wellness Exams – click to read
- Paving the Road to Good Health – click to read
- Strategies for Increasing Medicaid Adolescent Well-Care Visits – click to read
- Preventive Services Annual Wellness Visit Overview – click to read
- Lifetime Preventive Health Plan – click to read